Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Angel!






Most of you know that my family are dog lovers, well Tim and I are no exception. Since Angel's Birthday only comes around once every 4 years, indulge me people. 2 1/2 years ago, Tim and I decided that we wanted to adopt a dog. We decided to go and just "look" and see if we liked anything. I wanted a small dog like Tulip Shull, and Tim wanted a big dog (you can see who won that fight!) When we got there we told the lady that we just wanted to look around, but that we would prefer a pure bred if they had one. She said they only had 1, she was an American Bulldog who had been given to them by her previous owner because he was being shipped off to Iraq, and wanted to make sure she was well taken care of. You can imagine the look on my face when I saw how big she was! I took one look at her and fell in love. I was still a little apprehensive about her size, but I said o.k. when the lady asked if we wanted to just walk her around Petsmart and get to know her. Tim and I knew she had to be ours when she tooted right in front of us! So, we told the lady that we had made up our mind, and we wanted to keep her. You can imagine our shock when she asked where we lived, and if we had a yard. It never even crossed our minds. We told her that we would be getting married that following April, and that we were going to rent an apartment for a year or so. She told us that Angel did not belong in an apartment, and that she needed a yard. We were told that we couldn't have her. I literally cried the whole way back to my parents house. In that 30 minutes, I had fallen in love with her, and then told I couldn't have her. My dad being the man that he is, said we will get her back. So, my dad and I went back up there, and told the lady that we wanted her but that she would live with my parents. We weren't lying, she would live there, just till April! She let my dad sign the papers, we paid our small fee, and Angel was ours! Tim and I never regretted our decision to get her. We fell in love with her! She is our child, and is treated like one too! Happy Birthday my sweet girl, we love you.

By the way, she did just fine in our apartment, Thank you.

No comments: