Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza

Thursday, my mom turned 50!  My mom is not one of those people that lets her birthday go by without us noticing it.  She wants to celebrate all month long.  Starting last weekend we celebrated with my dad's family and continued on to this weekend! 
My mom in the birthday hat everyone has to wear
with Tim
On Thursday, the 6 of us left for 4 days to San Antonio to celebrate moms Birthday.  We had such a good time and laughed the whole weekend.  I love spending time with my family.
Before we left, Bobby surprised Dani with a new car!  We were all in on the surprise and she was so excited!  She looks so cute next to it.
On Thursday, my dad had some work to do, so we went and explored around town.  First we went to the alamo.  They had some beautiful trees surrounding it and this really pretty fountain that we all made a wish in.
Thursday night, we took my mom to P.F.Changs and they gave her this little dessert
On Friday, we went and walked the Riverwalk. 
My sister and her cute hubby to be on the one year mark until their wedding!
Me and my hubby!
On Friday night we took mom to one of our favorite restaurants, Benihana.  Oh my goodness, I love the atmosphere here.  Our chef was so good to us and they gave mom a birthday dessert here too!
On Saturday, we decided to do something we have not done before.  We went wine tasting.  My parents have been to Napa and they love doing this, but the kids have never been.  It was so fun.  The first one we went to was the best.  They were so good to us.
Here are the second and third ones we went to.  The wine wasn't as good, but I thought the buildings were so cute.
On Saturday night, we went back down to the Riverwalk and ate at our favorite mexican restaurant there, Casa Rio.  It was really good and we sat right on the water.
We had such a good time, but I really missed my girl.  She stayed with Tim's parents and was well taken care of, but I still missed her being with us.  Last night, Tim went to bible study and I took her on a mommy daughter date to Jason's Deli.  She loved her mac and cheese, and I love this little girl!

No comments: