Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our Mini Vay-Cay

This past weekend we went to Galveston
to get a little rest and relaxation!
My mom and I flew out there with Landry
on Thursday and met my dad out there.
Landry loved walking around the airport and she
had plenty of time to do it.  We had to wait 5
hours!  She did great!
She loved watching the airplanes!
She even took her baby to the window to show her the airplane
To pass some of the time and keep her happy,
we got some yummy ice cream!
Finally we got on the plane.
She did so good the whole time and I was so proud of her
We spent that night in my dad's hotel room
and she hardly slept at all,
which means mommy didn't sleep!
I love her in her backpack!
We bought it the other day and she has
hardly taken it off since we bought it.
I keep thinking 3 years from now,
we will be buying her school backpack, scary!
Once we finally got to Galveston, we decided to eat at
 Rainforest Cafe and they have a ride in the dark. 
She loved it at first, but then got a little scared.
Tim flew in Friday night and while we were waiting for him
we went to Chuy's for dinner.
We love Chuy's!
Landry was playing with Pop while we waited for our table.
Saturday, we went over to Kemah.
It is this cute little city on the water about 30 minutes outside of Galveston.
They have a really neat boardwalk with rides and restaurants.
If it wasn't 105 degrees outside, we would of had more fun!
While Tim and I wanted to ride the roller coaster,
my parents wanted to take Landry on this ride!
She loved it and my parents said she looked
out the whole time and kept waiving!
The whole reason we went to Kemah was to eat here!
Tim and I saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
We have been to 4 places now from that show.
It was so yummy, and did not dissapoint!
Saturday night we got dressed up and went to our
 favorite seafood restaurant right on the water.
My dad bought Landry her first Shirley Temple and she loved it!
I love Shirley Temples too and always thought they were fancy growing up!
On our way home!
We had such a good time on our little mini vacation, thanks Mimi and Pop!


2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

What a fun trip!! K and Landry need to share a Shirley Temple soon!

Love, Dani said...

looks like a lot of fun. mom said she did really good on the trip. yay landry. love you boo