Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Welcome to the World Hayden!

On October 11, we welcomed our little man into the world.
But, let me start at the beginning of the day.
That morning at 6:30, we checked into the hospital. 
My doctor broke my water right at 7:00 AM.
Then the wonderful epidural came and I proceeded to labor for the
next 12 hours!  This baby boy was not wanting to come!
Finally, around 8:00 PM my doctor checked me and discovered that my
body was not dilating anymore and that we would need to do a c section.
A c section was not what I had prepared for, but you do what you have to
do to get your baby out safely. 
Within a matter of 20 minutes, I was prepped and ready to go.
Then, they put Tim in scrubs and we were ready to meet our baby.
And at 8:38 PM, we did just that!
I was instantly in love.
In a matter of seconds I fell in love with him.
After we had a few minutes with him to ourselves, we were ready
for Landry to finally meet her baby brother!
Seeing her see him for the first time is unexplainable.
She had been talking about him for so long and was so excited!
After Landry got some time with him, the whole family got to
come back to recovery and meet him.
 
But, by far, my favorite picture of the night is this one.
These three people mean more to me than anything.
I am so lucky to have them be my family.
God is good!
 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to introduce little man. It sure was a long day but in the end, it was totally worth it. I love that last photo too even though it looks like Landry wants to slug him! Haha! And such wonderful photos...you sure do have a great photographer ;)!

Love, Aunt Dani aka Ninny

Mix and Match Mama said...

Such sweet pictures of your family of four! You are one blessed mama. Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Our Hayden was born in October too. Enjoy yiur sweet family :)

Unknown said...

Kara - I am more than thrilled for you. You truly are blessed.

Love you bunches!!

Cindy Wallace