Monday, August 25, 2014

Landry goes to Kindergarten


Today is a day I have been waiting for (or dreading, your pick) for over five years!  My sweet, little baby girl started her first day of Kindergarten today!  I knew this day was coming, I have prepared myself for what seems like months, and then this morning when I woke up, God whispered to me that my baby is ready to take on this great big world and that she will do great!

 

I woke her up early this morning so she could shower and fix her hair and have time for our photo shoot as she calls it!  That’s my girl!

 


I pray that Tim and I have done a good enough job teaching her right from wrong and to always be sweet and kind and generous, but don’t take crap from anyone!  

 


Hayden had to get in on the action too!  

 

Here she is walking into her classroom.  She was ready to go!  She’s been counting down this day longer than us I think.  

I started a new position at work today and when I got here they had Kleenex and cookies waiting for me, they know the way to my heart!

 

I left work early to pick her up and take her to get snow cones and she told me all she did!  

 She had the best day and that makes me feel great!  I know she is so ready to be a “big kid” as she calls it, and I love her spirit and tenacity to go for whatever she wants and I pray that she never looses that drive.  

 

For dinner, we decided to do something fun, so we took her to Fuddruckers  which she loves and then she proceeded to talk our ear off about her day again.  

 

Tim and I wanted to do something special for her this last weekend, so we left Hayden with my parents and took her to the aquarium at Grapevine Mills Mall.  She loved it!  

 


Then we went to a fancy dinner and surprised her with yogurt afterwards.  

 

I love these special traditions we are making with her and I want to make sure to continue them for Hayden too.  

 

I saw this letter somewhere and I’ve been saving it to print off for her room because it reminds me so much of her:

 

 

Love you my sweet Landry, and I know you are going to be awesome and ROCK Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I cannot believe our babies are in kindergarten. It just blows me away how quickly it all went by. I'm so glad she had a great day!! I know they're going to do so well!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Aw, the "Beautiful Darling" letter is perfect! My tears are welling up in my eyes! She means the World to me....she IS and WILL BE capable of so many things! She is stronger than anyone I have met and the courage and love she has just overwhelms me! She is my light and I look forward to every chance I can get to be with her. LB - your Auntie loves you and will always be your biggest fan - regardless!!

Love,
Aunt Steffie