Monday, December 8, 2014

Our Thanksgiving break

I had good intentions of having this up last week, but then both my children went and got the flu.  Landry’s was followed up with strep while Hayden got an ear infection on top of his, so needless to say it was all I could do to brush my teeth last week :).  


But, we had a great Thanksgiving break and I want to document it, so here goes.  


On Wednesday night I got the brilliant idea that we should have our elf, Choo-Choo come back and bring him in with a breakfast.  It turned out to be the perfect morning for it.  I made cinnamon rolls and bacon and we all know bacon makes everything better.  Landry was so excited to see him back.  She jumped up and down and kept saying she knew he was on his way because the night prior we had watched the Elf on the Shelf movie.  She’s a smart one, that Landry.  


Watching the Elf on the Shelf movie


Choo-Choo brought Landry and Hayden a letter from Santa and it was just the nudging she needed  


Brother bear could have cared less he was there, he just wanted the bacon and cinnamon rolls!


After breakfast, mama had to get busy making food for Thanksgiving lunch and dinner.  I did have a handy helper at my feet, which if you’re a mom of a toddler, you know it takes about an hour longer to cook when you have someone constantly at your feet.  But, he was awfully cute helping me, so I didn’t mind at all.  


Then we all got showered and headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house for my family’s Thanksgiving meal.  After lunch, we packed the kids up and headed to Tim’s parents’ house.  This is what the kids did the whole way there.



Thanksgiving gave me a really good chance to look around and be thankful for all I have.  My wonderful husband, the kids I get to raise with him, our families who help us and our friends we walk through life with.  God has been so good to me.  


So, after it was all said and done, I sent Landry to Flower Mound with my dad and Hayden stayed in Irving with Tim’s parents.  Tim and I had talked a long time ago about doing a long weekend away just the two of us, and it was just what we needed.  


We went to a really nice dinner together


I did get to face time their sweet little faces though while I was gone.  This was the longest I had been away from Hayden, but it just made our reunion that much sweeter!  


Had to make our usual pit stop at DQ for a blizzard and then we were home 3 days later.  


It was such a great long weekend, and now I’m ready for Christmas!


1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

What sweet pictures of your kiddos! I love that pic of you and Landry :).