Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

This is hands down, my favorite time of the year.  I get absolutely giddy when we go to storage to get all my Christmas decorations.  We keep all our decorations at a storage building about a mile from the house.  After almost 9 years of marriage, I have accumulated a lot of stuff, but last year I went through most of it and I only put out about half the decorations I own.  Most of it is sentimental to me.  

 

So, here is the Smith house decorated for Christmas!

 

Welcome to our little home…

I had a wreath up until a few years ago hanging on the door, but I found this cute snowman and hang him here now.

 

Our living room…

This is by far the biggest room in our house, so it has the most decorations.  I have the kid’s pictures with Santa on this table.  

 

Here is our mantle

 
Charlie Brown’s Christmas is one of my very favorite Christmas movies to watch and growing up my favorite part was when Linus would recite the birth of Jesus, so I love having this framed, after all, he is the reason for the season.

 

Next to the frame is my favorite Christmas decoration and also my most sentimental one.  My Maw-Maw died when I was 21 and I was super close to her.  The Christmas before she passed she gave me this angel that plays “White Christmas”.  It still works.  It always goes on the mantel and makes me think of her when I pass by it.  She loved Christmas and I still miss her so much, so having a piece of her here at this time of year makes it easier on me.  

 

Our stockings.  I’m actually going to stencil our name on them this year.  

My sister took our family pictures last month and this is the one going on the card, so I had it blown up and framed.  Love my little family!

 

Our tree…

I love our tree this year!  We actually bought this one last year after Christmas and it isn’t pre-lit.  So, I knew I wanted to add something besides lights and found this gold mesh ribbon and it was perfect!  

 

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments

 


I’ve wanted a nativity scene forever and this one was at Mardel last week and I knew it was perfect for our stage in life.  If Hayden wants to get the baby Jesus and play with it, no big deal!  

 

We got Landry her own tree this year for her room.  She loved it!  She got to hang her own ornaments on there. 

 

Brother did not get his own tree this year, because he is 1 and it would be all over the place, so he got Rudolph on his dresser.  

 

The kid’s bathroom has these cute candles I’ve had forever.

 

That about wraps up our decorations for this year!

 

I love walking into my house and seeing all this up!

2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Your house looks soooooo cute! I love all of the details! Don't you wish we could leave this stuff up all year? I sure do. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! Especially love those stockings :)