Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Turning 35

So... Today is my 35th birthday. 35.  Thirty five. No matter how you say it, it doesn't change. I'm not sure why but this is a big birthday for me. I'm in my mid thirties now. Not that that is old, but it makes me feel like more of an adult. I remember my mom turned 35 when I went to high school and I thought back then that was old! But she was so young. 

I thought it would be fun to reflect on my 34th year because it was a big one! So many life changing events happened this year. 

I became an aunt. 
I never knew I could love a baby that wasn't my own this much, but I do. Brody is one of the best things to happen in my life and I will always hold a special place for him. 

I sent Landry to first grade. 
Landry loved first grade and far exceeded my expectations of how smart she is. She amazes me daily. 

I found my love for fitness. 
I've always loved working out but this year I really kicked it into gear. I set goals for myself and met them and became strong. I loved seeing my body change into what it is today. I hope I continue this one for as long as I can. 

Hayden turned 2. 
Oh this boy. Seeing him turn two had me crying. I'm not sure why but he wasn't a baby anymore. I knew he was my last baby so every time he does something or something is his last I cry. But I love having a two year old and knowing he's turning three soon just makes me even happier. 

I joined our church's women's commitee. 
I absolutely love these women. They are from all stages of life and are always there for me when I need them. Being on this team is so fulfilling and rewarding. 

Landry turned 7. 
My girl. Turning seven was huge for her. She had a great party and just grew up overnight. I just love her. 

We put our house on the market. 
After weeks of praying over this we took the plunge and it payed off! We sold our house in two days. 

I parasailed. 
This was a huge one for me. I conquered two fears at once. This was one of the best things I have ever done. 

I went to Disney...again. 
We took a trip to the happiest place on earth. It was such a great trip and I had the best time. 

I started leading one on one. 
This was a big leap of faith too. Hilary asked me to help her lead a group in this study and it is one of the best yes's I have ever said. I am more fulfilled by this study and I love it. 

We moved. 
We moved in with my parents for the next year and love it! Another huge leap of faith for me. I prayed over this for a long time. 

We said goodbye to our first baby. 
Our sweet Angel passed away the day after we moved and broke our hearts. She will forever be missed. 

Wow!
I didn't know how much happened to me this year until I started looking back. I cannot wait to see what 35 brings me!

2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh sweet friend, what a year you have had! Lots of love as you step into this new year and new adventure. Happy birthday!! xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Oh man this made me tear up. Brody, the kiddos, Angel. It has been a big year for you. I love you beyond words and hope your 35th year is just so much fun.

Side note: Mom was 35 when you went to high school? Holy Moly. She was a baby!!!!!