Monday, July 11, 2016

Oklahoma City fried chicken trip

Yep...
You read that right!

I have a lot of catching up to do but I really wanted to get this little excursion on here first. 

Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We are obsessed. We watch it every time it's on. If it's an all day marathon, it's usually on in the background. So if he ever goes anywhere close or anywhere we think we will be visiting, we document it.

About a year ago we were watching and Guy went to a fried chicken place close to Oklahoma City. Tim and I both thought it looked yummy and we knew OKC wasn't a far drive so we put it in our back pocket and kept it in the back of our mind. 

A few weeks ago we were sitting at the dinner table and I said I thought it would be fun to get up early and drive there, eat lunch and head back. We are known for a weekend away here or there. My whole family loves them. It gets you out of the norm and staying at a hotel is always fun!

My dad travels a lot so he gets a ton of hotel points and is always so gracious to share them with us. So we booked a room and waited for Saturday to get here. 

We stopped for breakfast and then headed that way!
This family of mine is always up for an adventure. Dani and Bobby are too and I love that about us!

Oh my silly mom. I was teaching her how to take a good selfie and then she started making faces and I couldn't stop laughing. 
Love her!

Landry loves sitting in the back in her own row!


We made it to lunch! It was really good chicken. We also got the okra, frito pie and a brisket sandwich. 
We were so glad we drove here and tried it. We've been to 5 spots now. I have a list going of other places we want to visit also. 

Ok, so I have to talk about my boy. All week we have been telling him we are going to stay at a hotel. Oh the joys of being two. He has been so excited all week. The minute we walked in he ran around the room and found his bed and just kept saying "I'm in a hotel". So sweet. He was so happy. 

He and Landry share a room now but they've rarely shared a bed. I was a little nervous because they were in the living area by themselves and when I came out to check on them, this is what I found. 
I teared up. They might fight all day but they love each other just as much. 

I'm so glad we had this time to do this. We all had so much fun! 

No comments: