Sunday, October 4, 2009

8 Months


Oh my goodness. Our little girl turns 8 months old today. Here are the 5 things we have discovered this month about her.

1. She is officially crawling. This is by far the most challenging age. She is into everything. I have to make sure wherever I'm going to be in the house, that I bring a slew of toys and something to entertain her with, otherwise she is blowing this popsicle stand!

2. She has also started pulling up. The first time I noticed it was when I went to get her up the other morning and she was standing up in her crib. Didn't we just lower this because she was sitting up in it, now we will need to lower it because she is standing in it!

3. She has started reaching for whoever she wants to hold her. If mommy is not the one holding her, I usually get the honor of her reaching for me.

4. She still loves her baths. She knows when that water is running, it is for her. She will sit in there and try to reach her head up enough to see in the tub until mommy takes her clothes off and places her in there. Her new favorite bathtub toy is a squishy starfish. Poor starfish has lost most of the dots on it's body from someone chewing it nightly!

5. She loves to look at other babies. When we go out and there is another baby, she will just stare at it. Mommy tells her it's not polite to stare, but she pays no attention to that.

Wow, it is so hard to believe 8 months have passed so fast! 4 more months until she turns 1. It really doesn't seem that far off!


No comments: