Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Favorites Friends Edition

These last two weeks have been a whirlwind to say the least.  I need time to slow down right now.  If there were only about two more hours in the day, I would be able to get everything done, but there aren’t, so blogging usually takes the backseat. 

 

Here are some highlights from our week this past week.

 

Goodbye for now…

Tim’s sweet grandmother passed away two weeks ago, and we celebrated her life last Friday.  It was a small ceremony and the people she loved the most came and celebrated the 88 years she was here on this earth.  I loved her so much.  She was the sweetest lady and she made me always feel like I was one of her grandkids.  She will be truly missed.

 

Aunt Steffie time…

On Saturday night, Tim’s sister requested to have Landry over for a slumber party.  She was so excited!  They played games, watched Frozen and then she decorated Steph’s wheelchair!  Landry had the best time and has laughed about that all week!

 

Mohawk…

On Sunday I had Hayden by himself since Landry spent the night at Tim’s parent’s house so I had a little more time to spend than I normally do, so I decided to play around with his hair.  He’s never had a trim so it is super long on top, so I put some gel in it and spiked it up.  He was so cute!  He looked like such a little boy and not a baby (insert me sobbing in the corner here).

 

Let’s go Mavs…

So, on Tuesday night I got an opportunity that doesn’t come frequently.  My new team got offered to go to the Mav’s game and sit on the front row behind the visitor’s team!  Now, I’m not a huge basketball fan, but after Tuesday I am!  It was so fun!  My family kept texting me telling me they could see me on TV!  We went in a suite and had drinks and snacks, then we went and watched the game and had awesome seats.  It was such an experience, one I will never forget.  This is my team along with our rep from Dr. Pepper that took us.  

 

Girl’s night out…

Wednesday night I got to meet two of my best work friends out to dinner.  We used to work together and now one is a flight attendant and one is in another department.  We try and get together often and when we do I remember why we are friends.  I love these girls so much and we laugh for three hours strait talking.  

 

Friends are friends forever…

Last night I had dinner with a lady that I’ve worked with for ten years, my entire career at SWA.  She has celebrated with me through the good times and let me cry on her shoulder in the tough times.  I am truly going to miss her.  It’s so hard losing close friends that you know you won’t be seeing on a daily basis anymore, but I know she has such a great path in front of her.

 

Woo-hoo!  Another weekend is upon us.  A certain someone is turning SIX next week and we have some serious party planning going on over here, so we’ve got some shopping to do.  Ugh, I cannot believe my first born is turning six.  Someone hold me please. 

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I loved this edition!! You and your friends are so cute :). Hope you had a great weekend girl! Love you!