Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Landry Kate turns Six!

Six years ago today, my life was changed for the better.  Landry Kate Smith entered this world and made me a mom.  I had wanted a child my whole adult life and now here she was, this tiny little baby that Tim and I were to take home and raise.  I was so scared.  I had no clue what I was doing.  But, I have learned that God gave her to us for a reason and there are days where I’m still winging it half the time.  

 

Landry is kind, she is smart as a whip, she’s sarcastic and she is the best big sister to Hayden.  She is a lot of me with a sprinkle of Tim thrown in.  She knows what she wants and she’s not afraid to ask for it or do it herself.  She tests my patience on a daily basis.  She talks constantly and about any subject.  She’s already reading on a 2nd grade level.  

 

I asked our family to send me thoughts about Landry.  When they think of her, what comes to mind and here is what was said…

 

-Her smile lights up a room

-Mimi

-I love her laugh, I love how smart she is and I love how thoughtful she is

-Ninny

 

-A little ball of energy and life

-Uncle B

 

-She is my sunshine.  She makes me feel special.  Life is truly grand because she is here

-Pop

 

-L.B. is the most beautiful, the smartest, and the most strong willed lil girl I have ever met and who has completely changed my life in so many ways

-Aunt Steffie

 

-She has always been my sweetie pie and always will be.  I love her and love spending time with her

-Memo

 

-She is my ragmuffin and I love her

-Bumpa


Six years ago, God gave us the greatest gift.  He entrusted us to raise her and take care of her and show her the right way.  I know that I’m the mom and I’m supposed to be teaching her the right path, but there isn’t a day that goes by that she isn’t teaching me something.  I learn something new every day from her.  

 

 

Landry Kate Smith-

Six years ago, we received the greatest gift.  You are kind, you are funny, you are sarcastic and your smile lights up any room you walk into.  I love that you hold my face when you are talking to me and want me to pay attention to you.  I love that you always want to be with me and be my big helper.  Everyone who knows you always tells me how smart you are and I’m pretty sure you know it.  Starting kindergarten this year has been one of the best things to you.  You love it!  Your daddy and I love you so very much.  Six years later, we still don’t really know what we are doing but we are all figuring it out together!  

 

Love you sweet girl to the moon and back!

 

-Mommy

2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I remember that day like it was yesterday! I cannot believer our girls are already six. Love you girls so much! Happy Birthday Landry!

Robbie and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Landry! I still remember waddling into your hospital room with my big belly to see her! Time has flown! Miss you girls!