Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gobble Gobble Gobble

I got asked no more than 4 times this weekend "How come you haven't updated your blog in a while?"  Well, here I am updating you on the happenings of the Smith family as of late.  I absolutely love this time of year.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are my absolute favorite holidays to celebrate.  With this time of year comes being busy all the time.  Poor Landry gets a nap in when she can these days! 
The weekend before last we spent with my parents. Landry got her 4th haircut,
Chilled on the couch with Pop,
and got to go see the twins that my sister nannies for.
She loved playing with them and helping get all their toys out!
Wednesday night we went out for Tim's and Bobby's Birthdays. Let me explain. Tim's Birthday is 4 days before Christmas and Bobby's is 4 days after. That makes it really hard to celebrate their Birthdays, so years ago we started celebrating the night before Thanksgiving. It makes it so much easier. Here are the early Birthday boys
Happy Thanksgiving! It was so cold waking up Thursday morning and I loved it! Landry got up especially early because kids do not know it's a Holiday and we sleep in on Holidays! No big deal, I loved snuggling up on the couch and watching cartoons with her. Tim knows how much I love a fire, so he made one for me. It was such a neat experience sitting there on Thansgiving morning holding my baby watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade with a fire going. I thought right then and there how thankful I am to God for all he has blessed me with.
I made Landry a turkey shirt this year. I was pretty proud of myself and plan to make her a few Christmas ones.
For lunch on Thursday, we went over to my aunt and uncles house to see my dads side of the family. Our cousin Lindsey had her first baby a few months ago, and she let me feed Riley. Landry of course had to help being the little mother that she is. She did such a good job of holding the bottle and holding his head. It was a weird experience for me thinking this is what it would be like to have 2 children.
Landry of course found her favorite person there
Her new thing is carrying our purses around. She loves Dani's purse.
For dinner, we went over to Mike and Debbie's friend Kathy's house. Landry got to play with Grandpa and Aunt Stephanie whom she adores
Friday, we went shopping for a little bit
Then, Friday night we went over to my parents friends house to see their house decorated for Christmas. I had no clue what we were in for. They have 65,000 lights and it takes them 5 weeks to put everything up. I cannot put into words what this place looked like. It was amazing! We got to look around and see everything and Landry loved it!
Then we got to ride his train. This was the neatest experience. He has this old fashioned train that he restored and you can fit 13 kids in it and they have all the neighborhood kids come over to ride it. Landry loved it.
She also loved dancing with the singing snowman
                                          Christmas card anyone?
Saturday, we did Thanksgiving with my moms side of the family. I love these 2 girls!
My Paw-Paw, cousin Chase and Bobby
                                                              Landry loves her Grammy!
Sunday, we went to lunch at Landrys favorite place, Freddy's. She loves their fries. She has learned how to dip the fry into ketchup and now has to have ketchup with everything!
As I was typing this post and looking at all the family and friends we spent these last 4 days with, I was overcome with how truly thankful I am to God for all he has blessed me with.
Happy Thanksgiving from our little turkey!

          


2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Love you guys!

Robbie and Melissa said...

Girl, our kiddos are so much alike! Austin loves to dip everything now too and it's one way I can get him to eat broccoli! Yucky combo, but he loves it, so whatever!! :) I love her turkey shirt - you should look into selling those. I would buy one! :) Miss you guys!