Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Eight Years


Eight years ago today, Tim and I said “I Do”. I could not have imagined then standing up on that alter in front of our family and friends, where this life would take us. All I knew was that I wanted to marry him more than anything and start a new life with him.

Tim is awesome.

Just in case you didn’t already know that.

He is hilarious. 
He is super smart. 
He is a great daddy. 
He does the laundry. 
He cooks dinner so that I can spend time with my kids after working all day. 
He cleans the house. 
He makes me laugh constantly. 
He loves my friends (all of them). 
He adores my family.

Tim and I have been through a lot in our eight years. We’ve gone through two heartbreaking miscarriages. We’ve gone through 26 hours of labor. (Ok, so technically I went through the 26 hours, but he was there too!) We’ve bought a home. We’ve been through deaths together. We’ve made lots of new friends that only God could’ve provided for us. We’ve joined a new church.

The one thing that I have learned through being married is this: Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s a saying my dad used to always tell Dani and I growing up. We never quite understood it until we got older. It’s something I constantly have to remind myself of.

Marriage is HARD. It’s a 24/7 job. It takes a lot of work and dedication on BOTH parts. But I have to tell myself to not sweat the small stuff. Tim and I know each other pretty well by now. I mean we should, we’ve been together for 16 years. We know that when we fight, we have to get over it. There is no other alternative for us. So, sweating the small stuff would just make it frivolous, and ain’t nobody got time for that.

Eight years have come and gone, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us next!


3 comments:

Robbie and Melissa said...

awesome couple! miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I love y'all! I still remember that day :) It's CRAZY!! xo

Unknown said...

I still remember that day! Crazy. Love you guys XOXO