Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A New Chapter

I'm not even sure where to begin this post at. I wasn't even sure I was going to share what all the we have going on right now, but this is my blog and this is our life so here goes. 

About two months ago, Tim walked in the door from work with a look on his face. I of course wondered what he had going on in that smart brain of his. He said "what would you think if we sold the house and moved in with your parents for a while and saved some money and figure out where our next move is going to be"?  Now imagine the look on my face :). Don't get me wrong, I love my parents. They are so good to us. They never complain when we tag along or want to come stay the weekend. They have a nice size home with plenty of room for the four of us. I guess I just wondered what people would think. Not that that's what's important but it's what my first thought was. 

So I prayed on it. I prayed and I prayed and I prayed on it. Then about six weeks ago we were standing in the kitchen of our bible study leaders house and in walked one of the moms of our students. We introduced ourselves and then she said she was sorry she was late, that she was showing a house. Of course we put two and two together and realized she was a realtor. She went on to tell us that the market was awesome right now and that homes were going like hot cakes. That we could make good money off our home. So we told her Tims idea and she ran with it. She gave us her card and told us to call her when we were ready. 

My parents came over that next week and we brought up the idea. I wasn't quite sure how this would go over. My mom had lots of questions and we kind of talked about what we had in mind. So we called our realtor the next day and she said she'd be over that next week to sit down and discuss our options. 

Again I prayed for God to tell me we were doing the right thing. Once she came over and assessed the house and told us what we could make we knew this was the right time. It just felt right. We put our house on the market back when I was pregnant with Hayden and never got a singer offer. It just wasn't Gods timing. This was though. 

We listed the house one week later and two days in we had three offers! All above asking. You talk about a shock. I was not expecting that. We accepted an offer and on Thursday we officially close. We moved in Saturday to my parents house and so far it's been seamless. 

So, the number one question we got was where would Landry go to school at? I think out of everyone I thought she would be the most affected. Hayden could care less where we live. As long as he has his puppy and cars and mama he's good. But Landry is older. She's in school. She's aware of the situation. I prayed for peace over this. I just needed to know that she could handle it. And boy did she surpass my expectations. She's so excited to try a new school and make new friends. She's been great through this whole process. She did cry on Wednesday when we left her little school that she loves. But she knows it's for something much better in the end. 

So where does that leave us? Well we have no clue. I would love to say that we have an idea of what is going to happen but we don't. We go back and forth on do we build? Do we buy? We'll just have to wait and see I guess. But I do know that God is in control and he has good things in store for us! 
Here we are Saturday as we were moving out. I wanted one last picture in front of our little house. 

I'll have a separate post on all this house has meant to us. But that's our update for now. 

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Love you so much friend. I know God has big plans in store for your family. He is moving in your lives in unexpected (and awesome!) ways. Praying for you!