Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hayden is 7 months old!


Seven

I just cannot believe how fast Hayden’s first year is going.  It is flying by to me.  Every day I wake up, I thank God for this little boy and all the joy he brings to us.  His smile lights up a room.  He’s hardly ever in a bad mood.  He smirks.  He’s quirky.  He has the easiest personality.  All the things you would expect from a second child.  He is definitely our second baby.  But, he doesn’t care!  He’s so go with the flow anyways, that nothing makes him upset.

 

Here are our updates from the last month:

 

Eat:

We just bumped him up this week to 8 oz. bottles.  He is eating 8oz. of formula every 4 hours 4 times a day.  He’s also eating breakfast and dinner.  His favorite foods this month are apples and pears with cinnamon and bananas with blueberries.  He hates broccoli and peas still, but I keep trying!  We have him on a great schedule, and I’m so thankful.

Our schedule goes like this:

6:30-wake up

7:00- bottle

9:00- cereal

9:30-11:00-nap

11:00- bottle

1:00-3:00-nap

3:00-bottle

5:00-cereal

6:00-bottle

6:30-bed for the night

This has worked great for us.  He knows exactly what to do and takes good naps and sleeps 12 hours at night!  The daycare is really good about keeping this schedule for me too.  

 

He also started eating puffs this month too!  

 

He loves them.  He is still trying to grasp them and put them in his mouth, but his chubby little fingers can’t quite seem to get the hang of it.

 

We also gave him his first bite of frosting the other night.  

 

Agh, sugar, mom’s worst enemy.  I don’t think he will be getting any more of that for a while!

 

Play:

He is now sitting up for longer periods of time.  

 

He loves his baths!  

 

He still loves his exersaucer, but only for short periods of time.  

 

Sleep:

Oh this boy still loves his sleep.  Like I mentioned, he takes two good naps a day, sometimes he will sneak in a third one before dinner and then sleeps 12 hours a night.  

 

When we get him up in the morning, this is what we are greeted with.  

 He’s such a morning person, just like his mama.  

 

 

Here are a few things we have done this month.

 

I took him for his 6 month exam and he weighed in at 19 pounds, 11 0z and was 27 inches long.  

 

At Easter, my cousin Stephanie wanted to feed him.  I still remember when she was his age!  I was 13 when she was born, and I was obsessed with her.  I always wanted to feed her and hold her, and now she’s doing it with my kids, and I love it!

 

His first Easter was a success and he got lots of good stuff from my parents and Tim’s parents

 

He loves snuggles with his mama!


 

He bumped up to the next car seat this last month!  He looks like such a big boy now.  He loves this seat!  

 

Oh you are your father’s child (that is the same look Tim gives me 90% of the time)

 

This boy has my heart and he knows it.  He and Landry mean the world to me and I thank God for them.  

 

Love you baby boy!

 

 

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie!! I just want to kiss his cheeks off! And I love seeing his sweet schedule. I don't know why but I'm always curious about kiddos and their schedules :). Happy Monday!