Thursday, September 4, 2008

What a Wii-kend

So, this post is really late, but here are our adventures from Labor Day Weekend.

Friday night we stayed in, had manwhiches and watched What Happens in Vegas. We really liked the movie. I love Cameron Diaz, she is slowly beating Reese as my favorite actress.



Saturday we decided to go look for baby furniture. We found a set we really like at Babies R Us. There are a few more spots we want to look at before we decide, so I'll keep you updated. Then, Saturday night we had our "last official dinner" with the Shulls as a foursome. Shay is due in like a week and a half! We can't believe that the next time we go out with them we will be asking for a highchair! The Shulls are super important to us and we can't wait for them to take this next step in their lives. Then the boys played the Wii- no surprise there!

This is the one and only belly shot with the 2 of us!


Sunday we went to church. We had such a unique experience at church. Tim and I sat up front with the students this week and noticed that behind us was a huge group of guys. They took up about 3 rows. When Brother Ken got up to do his sermon he told us that they were the football players from a christian church in New Orleans. As you know, we were in the middle of a hurricane then, so we all gathered around them and prayed for their families back home. It was definitely a mascara moment. So touching to see all these football players knelt down in prayer. Sunday night we went to an engagement party for a family friend. Then Tim, Angel and I spent the night at my parents.

Monday we woke up to my dad cooking a yummy breakfast. Then we laid out all day and soaked up the last days of summer. It was bittersweet for me. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year, but knowing summer is leaving is sad to me for some reason. I am definitely a flip flop kind of girl and would wear them year round if I could.


We had such a great weekend, and hope you did as well.

No comments: