Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Favorites

It’s Friday!  We have a great, busy weekend planned.  Birthday party, pumpkin patch and church.  Love our fall weekends!

 

I thought it would be fun to join in with Erika, Andrea and Narci for Friday Favorites.  

 

Here are a few favorite things that happened this week:

 

Lowering of the crib…

I walked in a few days ago and Hayden was standing up in his crib and I could tell he was going to fall over any day.  I told Tim we need to just lower it as far as it will go.  This crib was Landry’s so it’s been put to good use, so it made me a little sad that this will be the last time to lower it.  

 

Almost walking…

Hayden has been pushing things and standing for a few seconds at a time the last few weeks, but last night as I was loading the dishwasher, after I lifted it up, he let go and just stood there for a good 15 seconds!  Then I took his hand and he started mimicking walking.  I know we are so close and it makes me sad and happy all at the same time.  Surely I’m not the only mama who tears up when their kids do something on their own, right?

 

16 Years later…

So, 16 years ago tonight Tim and I went on our very first date.  It is so weird to think that I have been with him almost half of my life!  He gets me, and I love that about him.  Plus, he’s hilarious and makes me laugh more than anyone.  And, he’s a good daddy.  And he does the laundry and cleans the house.  And, he takes my car every weekend to get washed and puts gas in it for me.  I’m pretty spoiled.  

 

It’s finally boot weather…

I finally got to wear my boots this week!  I am the type of person that will not pull out shorts until it’s at least 80 degrees and the same goes for my tall boots.  It has to be at least 60 degrees to pull these babies out.  But, this weather has been so nice lately that it was the perfect day to start wearing them!  

 

Kindergarten update…

It’s been 8 weeks so far and Landry still loves school!  It doesn’t surprise me though.  She’s a learner and loves to help, so I get almost daily emails from her teacher saying how good she is at helping and trying to be a leader.  I also get emails that tell me that she is a talker :)  You take the good with the bad right?  I’m so glad she loves school.  It makes taking her every day that much easier.  

 

It’s the weekend and I plan on enjoying every bit of it!

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Mama, you look so good in that pink dress and boots! Seriously hot! And I love that Landry loves school...that is so wonderful!!