Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Favorites

I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci.  Here are my favorite things that happened to us this week.


Happy Birthday to you...
On Wednesday, my sweet mother in law had a Birthday.  Debbie is one of the most selfless people I know.  She would drop anything to do whatever is needed for her family or friends.  She loves with all she has and never asks anyone to do anything for her.  I love her!  Sunday, Tim's family and my mom came over and we celebrated her for once.  We had a yummy grilled steak and crab dinner and lots of fun talk.  Hayden refused to take a picture so we got her with her granddaughter only!


And friends are friends forever...
On Tuesday, Hayden and I met Shay and Ashby at the mall for lunch and shopping.  Here's the back story on Shay and I.  We actually met in junior high, but didn't become friends until our sophomore year of high school.  We were on the drill team together and then I began dating her boyfriends best friend the following year.  You know him as my husband, Tim.  She knew him as her boyfriends sarcastic buddy, Tim.  So, we were drawn together from the beginning.  We've been friends ever since.  The best part about our relationship is that we can go six months without seeing each other and then the minute we are reunited it's like we just saw each other yesterday.  I love her honesty and the way she always looks out for my best interest.  And, I finally got to meet Ashby! 


Practice makes perfect...
We went as a family over to our local park with a bucket of balls, a tee and a bat.  Tim is determined to help Landry like tee ball!  Hayden and I were her ball boys and she just kept hitting the ball off the tee.  She did really well!  I'm thinking it was because there was no pressure on her to do well.


His first of many eye rolls...
So, yesterday Hayden and I were playing in my room and he was being really sweet sitting in my lap so I took the opportunity to take a selfie with him (which actually wouldn't be a selfie, I digress).  This is the picture I got. 
I know we always say he looks like Tim, but this just seals the deal.  Every time I ask Tim to take a picture with me, this is the look I get 99% of the time.  Oh Lord, #likefatherlikeson.


Freckles 2.0...
When I was about Landry's age, I began getting freckles.  I didn't hate them until I turned about 10.  I did everything I could to get rid of them, but they just stayed.  I finally learned to love them in my teens and now I actually embrace them.  I noticed the other night while we were sitting outside that Landry is getting them in the same spot I got mine.  I love them!  My mom got her a book when she was a baby called Freckleface Strawberry by Julianne Moore.  I love that book, and now so does Landry!  She reads it all the time because she actually loves her freckles too!


We've had an awesome week, and we have some super fun things planned for this weekend, now if the rain would just hold off, we will be set!

No comments: