Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Today, I'm linking up with one of my besties, Shay for her and Mel's and Sheaffer's What's Up Wednesday series.  I love this idea.  Also, it really makes me stop and think about what's going on in our lives as well as document it.

What we're eating this week...

I made my family's favorite meal this week, meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.  For some reason we always associate green bean casserole with Thanksgiving but I decided to make it throughout the year since it happens to be Tim's favorite side dish.  My kids would eat meatloaf every night if I made it for them.


What I'm reminiscing about...
This girl only has one more month left of kindergarten and it has me reminiscing about her first day


What I'm loving...
My days with this boy


What we've been up to...
The carpool line.  I feel like I spend a lot of my time lately in the carpool line.  I actually secretly love it though.  It gives me 15 minutes to sit and relax and be still. 


What I'm dreading...
I can safely say that there is nothing I am dreading right now.  I'm at a peace in my life and trusting God to lead us into our next steps as a family.  I know this might change but for now I'm content in my life.


What I'm working on...
A shower for my favorite pregnant girl.  Her sisters-in-laws and a few friends and I are cooking up an awesome shower for our mama to be.  I can't wait!


What I'm excited about...
Oh, there are lots of things to be excited about.  I think the thing I am most excited about is having Landry home for the summer.  We have lots of fun things planned and I'm anxious to get Hayden in the pool.


What I'm watching/reading...
I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy and Scandal watcher.  I've watched both from their very beginnings.  Well, last week my favorite Grey's character was killed off.  Sorry if you don't like spoilers but you can't read the internet without knowing this anyways.  They killed off my beloved Derek Shepherd.  I've been in love with Patrick Dempsey since his Can't Buy Me Love days.  I actually cried last week watching. #yesthatscrazy


And, my new love is Jake Ballard.  I know Shay will disagree with me on this but I love me some Jake.  #teamjakealltheway

As for what I'm reading, I'm doing a really good devotional right now and I read that every morning along with the bible.  You can't go wrong with that reading material.


What I'm listening to...



So, I grew up in the 80's with a dad who loved music.  Any kind of music.  Some days we listened to rock, some days it was country, other days it was Christian. So, now that's the kind of music I listen to.  My four favorite stations on Pandora are Aerosmith, Garth Brooks, AC/DC and Praise music.  Diverse right? 


What I'm wearing...


 Now that I'm not working a 9-5, my outfits lately have been pretty casual.  Think yoga pants and tanks.  But every now and then I like to still put my cute clothes on and go out.  Here are a few of my outfits over the past week.  I keep telling myself I'm going to do a What I'm Wearing Wednesday.  Those are my favorite kinds of posts. 


What I'm doing this weekend...
The weather this weekend is supposed to be beautiful, but this is Texas so I'll believe it when I see it.  We have a t-ball game scheduled and there are some outdoor activities planned that I want to fulfill. 


What I'm looking forward to next month...
May is usually a pretty slow month for us.  I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is going to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Clyde.  We go every year for their annual city wide garage sales.  My mama is not going this year and I'm so sad, but we will still have fun!


What else is new...
Nothing!  We are boring over here at the Smith house :)


What I want for Mother's Day...
Well that's a loaded question!  Tim asks me this question every year and I usually have a running list of things I want.  This year though I don't really have much I'm asking for.  I would love a spa day though.  Can I get an Amen?  I need a "me" day.  That's a great gift for any mama. 


I love these questions!  Happy Wednesday!





4 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I hate Jake. This is where our friendship takes a nasty turn :). #teamfitz #vermontforthem That being said, I am looooooving your hair these days! The beachy bob is PERFECT for you! Love, love, love it!

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I read Shay's blog every day (came over from the link-up) and when she said she was team Fitz I was shocked!

Ick. Team Jake allll the way! :)

Also, all your outfits are so cute!

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to my shower too! Bring on the cake :)

Robbie and Melissa said...

Kara you look great!! Love the outfits! You've inspired me to get in shape and say goodbye to my baby belly!