Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Birthday Week

On July 20 I turned 34! I love my birthday. Not for the presents or the attention but for the fact that it's right in the middle of the summer and I usually get to see all my family and friends right around it. This year I pretty much celebrated the whole week!

On the Friday before my birthday we had my family party at my in laws house. We swam, we ate crab boil (my favorite) and we opened presents. Unfortunately, I was so busy having fun I only got one picture! That's of me and my boy in our matching Chuck Taylor's. 

The Saturday before my birthday we thought it would be fun to take Landry to the new Dave and Busters that opened by our house. It ended up being a great family day!

On my actual birthday, my 4 best friends wanted to get together with all the kids and swim and have lunch. This is rare for everyone to be available at the same time so I was excited! I absolutely love these women. God knew what he was doing when he placed them in my life. Our kids are growing up together and I couldn't ask for a better set of role models in these women as moms. 

It was so hot outside so we let the kids put their swimsuits on and hop in the pool 

That night we went to one of my favorite places to eat, Posados

The day after my birthday we got to go out to McKinney and see my bestie, Shay and her kiddos. We had the best time! We rode in the golf cart to their local pool and the kids swam all day. We loved it. I love my friendship with this girl. We've grown up together. We started on drill team together in high school and have been friends ever since. 
Hayden is my little daredevil. He went up to the diving board, stood in line with the big kids and jumped right into the deep end!

She got me the prettiest Kate Spade earrings. I sent her this picture telling her I was wearing them in my new drivers license picture.  I'm sure I was the fanciest person in that DMV!


On that Thursday after my birthday, we loaded up the car with my parents and headed to San Antonio. We did a long weekend down there and had the best time! We decided to not take Hayden because we thought we were doing the water park. We ended up not, but had a blast with Landry by herself. 

My 34th birthday was great this year! I cannot wait to see what this year brings me!














1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I absolutely loved celebrating your birthday with you! And I love the pic of you, Hil, Jen and Kari too :). Such beautiful girls!