Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's up Wednesday

Hi there! I'm pausing the updates on the blog to participate in the What's up Wednesday series with my girls Mix and Match Mama, The Larson Lingo and Pinterest Told Me To. 

What we're eating this week:
Monday: Chicken salad
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday 
Wednesday: Spaghetti and meatballs 
Thursday: copycat chick fil a nuggets and waffle fries (mmm)
Friday: in honor of Halloween being Saturday and us not being here for dinner I'm making mummy dogs!
I'm all about easy, simple dinners I know my family will eat. Ain't nobody got time to make something they'll turn their nose at :)

What I'm reminiscing about: my sweet nephew turned 12 weeks old yesterday and it has me reminiscing about the day he was born. I love this lil guy so very much and I'm privileged to get to see him twice a week!

What I'm loving: I came up with a new after workout smoothie recipe and I'm obsessed with it. I can't wait to make it every morning! 

What we've been up to: on Monday mornings after we drop Landry off at school, Hayden and I go grocery shopping. He loves to go with me. He always has a snack and his milk with him. This week he snuck in Landrys pink sunglasses he loves to wear. I sent my family this pic telling them that Elton John came grocery shopping with me!

What I'm dreading: Christmas shopping! Let me explain. Not the actual act of shopping. I love that! The "what in to world do I get this person" thought. I'm a pretty decisive gift giver and I like to get people things they really want. Luckily for me, Tim is awesome at this so he goes and pretty much decides for me what to get people. Just another reason he's the best!

What I'm working on: I am making the kids Halloween costumes this year so I'm pretty occupied with that in my spare time. Why in the world didn't I just buy the kind already made? Guess I'm a glutton for punishment! 

What I'm excited about: We scheduled our family pictures in a few weeks. I love taking these every year. This year we are also doing our whole family including my parents and Dani, Bobby and Brody!

What I'm watching: I'm obsessed with the show Fixer Upper. I saw it on Netflix a few weeks back and watched the whole first season in two days! I told Tim it makes me want to buy a fixer upper and make it all cute like she does. Knowing me, it would take two years! 

What I'm reading: I'm in a women's bible study and we are doing Priscilla Shirer's Can we Talk? series. I love it! 

What I'm listening to: when I workout I listen to three different kinds of radio stations. During weight machines its Ed Sheeren radio. I love him! During cardio its AC/DC radio and during abs its Fight Song radio. I love this song! It's a great ab workout song!

What I'm wearing: this week was all over the place with my wardrobe. I try and wear clothes I can get down on the ground and play with Hayden in, but if we have to run errands I'm not changing clothes so they have to be cute enough to go out in public in!

What I'm doing this weekend: It's Halloween weekend! Saturday afternoon we have a first birthday party for one of our favorite little girls and then after that we are headed out to trick or treat. The forecast says it's supposed to rain and I have no back up plan, but we'll make it work!  

What I'm looking forward to next month: Thanksgiving! We are coming upon my favorite time of year! I love seeing family and thanking God for all he has blessed me with. 


What else is new: I'm loving this time of year! We have a lot planned over the next few months and I can't wait to get all these holiday activities started! 

Happy Wednesday!







3 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Look how cute your selfies are?!?! Love you friend!!

Darcy said...

I'm completely obsessed with Fixer Upper! Such a great show and I love their personalities!!
www.amemoryofus.com

Robbie and Melissa said...

Love that show and that couple!! Just another reason to go visit Texas! You are looking amazing Kara! Love your outfits-super cute! Miss you guys. :)